COVID19 Action Plan
Tourist accommodation protocol
The specifications for the reopening of tourist accommodation concern all accommodations regardless of technical and operational specifications, classification, type, duration of operation, except for organized tourist camps. Each tourist accommodation should draw up a Protocol in accordance with the instructions of the Ministry of Tourism.
General information about the Protocol
Action plan development and plan for the handling of a suspected case.
The development of a plan for the handling of a suspicious case concerns all accommodations (according to the current instructions of ΕΟΔΥ – National Organization for Public Health).
Action Plan for suspected cases
- The action plan will comply with the recommendations of ΕΟΔΥ (National Organization for Public Health) and will be revised according to the progress of the overall situation
- To ensure the implementation of the Action Plan for suspected cases from the accommodation, it is necessary to appoint an application manager, where, in the accommodation “Aria’s House” is appointed Loulopoulos Filon Dimitrioss, owner and manager of the accommodation.
The training of the coordinator concerns the following issues:
- The sources and modes of transmission of the virus
- Information procedures for hotel officials and customers themselves
- Behavior and actions in case of illness by staff
- Methods and practices for cleaning and disinfecting identified sites based on the risk and likelihood of transmitting the disease
- Methods and communication approach of visitors
- Observance of the basic measures to avoid transmission of the virus regarding diligent and regular hand washing, avoidance of handshakes, observance of distances, avoidance of hand contact with the eyes, nose and mouth and respiratory hygiene
- Maintaining training and documentation files for each employee
The accommodation’s coordinator Loulopoulos FIlon Dimitrios has been trained by:
- The Center for Lifelong Learning of the Region of Central Macedonia – Region of Central Macedonia entitled “HEALTH PROTOCOLS OF TOURIST CATALYMS
- staff of the property has been informed about the hygiene and management protocols of COVID-19 cases concerning its scope of competence
The staff of the property has strictly observed the basic protection measures against COVID-19:
- hand hygiene,
- physical distancing from customers and other staff, in all workplaces, hotel and rest areas,
- avoid touching the face and generally personal and respiratory hygiene.
General issues of organization of the accommodation
- “Aria’s House” provides each member of staff with adequate Personal Protective Equipment and ensures the continuous adequacy of the supplies.
- It is recommended that staff stay at home and seek medical attention if they experience symptoms related to the disease, notifying the health care provider of the accommodation while a person with symptoms is excluded from work and returning to work if the laboratory test is negative.
- Daily thermal measurement of the staff is done every morning in the context of individual responsibility.
- A thorough check of the staff may follow depending on the epidemiological picture of the local community / area.
- If a staff member comes in contact with a case, he must report it immediately to the health manager of the accommodation and be removed from work.
Accommodation file and event book
For the purposes of public health protection, the accommodation management keeps a record of staff members and all persons staying at the hotel – name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail) – so that make it possible to communicate with close contacts in the event of a COVID-19 impact, which may be identified afterwards.
Attention is paid to the General Regulation on Personal Data Protection (GDPR) and all visitors are informed that a file is kept for reasons of public health protection.
Record and update the service book and events.
Information and Contact
- The property must notify the measures and requirements of the Action Plan to all internal and external bodies / partners (employees, tenants, contractors, suppliers, visitors and the general public) and interested parties.
- The website of the accommodation includes a special section COVID-19, in which the measures and the new policy of the accommodation regarding the taking of increased sanitary measures, changes in opening hours of common areas, modification of check-in / check-out duration have been posted.
- The accommodation informs about the action plan with special markings at the entrances, in the individual common areas and in the reception.
Reception service (reception desk / concierge) protocol
- The staff takes the necessary hygiene measures and follows the rules of hygiene to avoid COVID19.
- The accommodation has the possibility:
- Informing visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures it has taken to address any incidents,
- Provision of useful information for health providers, public and private hospitals, reference hospitals for COVID-19, pharmacies, etc. in the area and
- Special equipment (medical kit) for the occurrence of an incident, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
- Staff has the ability to recognize customer symptoms and report them directly to the health care provider.
- At the reception desk there is an antiseptic for use by the customer (fixed or non-fixed devices)
- The reception desk is regularly disinfected.
- In order to maintain distances, the accommodation applies a suitable configuration of the reception desk, addition of floor marking at a distance of two meters where the customer will stand / appropriate distance marking in the waiting area, proper arrangement of furniture and proper queue management in order to reduce of waiting time.
- Overcrowding is avoided during check-in / check-out
Priority is given:
- in electronic payments of accommodation expenses (acceptance of cash in exceptional cases),
- in the electronic sending of accounts, invoices and receipts.
- It is possible to check-in in an open space
- The key cards are disinfected.
- Cleaning Time between stays has been extended, especially for this year:
Check-out until 11.00 am and check-in from 3.00 pm.
This change in the time interval between each check-in and check-out is mandatory to ensure that between different customers the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, as well as that adequate natural ventilation of the space is followed.
- Visitors are not allowed in the rooms or in the premises of the hotel.
(Η) House Keeping Service (cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping), rooms and common areas
- The cleaning and disinfection program is observed according to the EODY Instructions
- Special Cleaning Instructions are followed in case of a covid case according to the EODY Instructions
- Sanitary services have been strengthened in all public areas and in particular in “high risk” objects such as knobs, etc.
- Thorough cleaning and very good room ventilation are observed during the hours between stays.
- A thorough operation of dishwashers and washing machines (in terms of temperature used and dosage of detergents)
- Sufficient staff equipment (gloves, masks, robe, closed shoes) provided. The cleaning staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe. The cleaning staff avoids touching their mouth, nose or eyes with their hands, smoking or eating, where after removing the gloves, they wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is the most important means of prevention. Discriminatory monitoring of customers with symptoms for management by the administration
- No frequent cleaning of the room during the stay (avoid contact of cleaning workers with possible case and further transmission).
- Abolition of daily change of clothing and towels, of the evening preparation only at the request of the customer.
- Choosing a policy of meticulous cleaning – disinfection (eg with a steam cleaner) on the disputed rooms of the room and bathroom.
- Decorative objects (pillows, bedding) have been removed
- Strict adherence to hygiene rules by staff involved in the sorting of dirty linen using the appropriate MAP (special disposable apron over the uniform, gloves and mask)
- Used fabrics, bedding and towels are placed in special, closed, marked bags or sacks in order to be transported to the laundry areas.
- Washing is done in hot cycles (70oC or more) with the usual detergents.
- When storing clean clothing, care is taken to keep it in good and clean condition. The same goes for transferring clothing to the rooms.
Drinking water – Water / sewerage network
- Typical and well-ventilated pipes are used, such as wells with odor traps and return valves on taps and sprayers.
- Odor traps (siphons) work properly and continuously and always have water inside. In case the space is not used for a long time, water is added either by adding it directly to the traps or by opening / operating the connected devices, which is done at regular intervals depending on how quickly the water evaporates from the traps.
Air conditioning and room ventilation
The accommodation complies with the relevant circular of the Ministry of Health “Taking measures to ensure public health from viral and other infections when using air conditioning units”, with emphasis on non-recirculation of air and good natural ventilation in the rooms (rooms and others). non-functioning air conditioning system when doors are open).
You can download here, print and fill in your check in form (one for each guest incl. children) before arriving for a faster check in and to avoid crowding.